Just like your hair, skin and nails, your eyelashes also demand care and attention. If you believe that your eyelashes are weak and lifeless, eyelash extensions are a great solution. However, many women fail to realize that getting eyelash extensions require home after-care. There are some important things that must be taken care of, if you wish to prolong the life of your eyelash extensions, as well as the health of your natural lashes.
Read on to find out the top 5 tips that are a must when it comes to keeping your lash extensions healthy and beautiful for the longest time possible.
- Sleeping with Care: The trick to prolong the life of your eyelash extensions is to sleep face up. If you have a habit of sleeping face down, your extensions may tangle or shed prematurely. Another alternative is to sleep sideways so that your lashes do not touch the bed or the pillow. However, sleeping on your back is the most preferred option to extend the life of your lash extensions.
- Avoid touching your lashes: It is hard to avoid touching your eyelashes every time you look into the mirror. However, if you wish to retain your extensions for the longest period of time, avoid touching them.
- Arrive to your appointment with clean lashes: Since your technician only sets 1-2 hours aside for your appointment, be sure to clean your eyelashes thoroughly beforehand. You should arrive to your appointment without any eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, or creams. It saves the technician time from removing the visible product, and ensures your eyes are a clean palette for your lash artist to work from. This means your technician will have more time to perfect your eyelash extensions.
- Book regular fills: Normally after an eyelash extension session, you are required to fill every 4-5 weeks. The purpose of fills is to keep your natural lashes healthy and your new extensions lush and voluminous. Getting fills regularly will ensure you get a long lasting return on your investment
- Keep your natural lashes healthy: Just like a building needs a strong foundation, your eyelash extensions depend on the health of your natural lashes. In order to keep your lash extensions beautiful and strong, talk to your Double Take Studio lash artist for products to enhance and prolong your lash extensions.
If your client notices that most of the loss occurs throughout the span of a week or two, she may just be having a little blip in her natural lash growth cycle. A healthy natural lash takes 60-90 days to grow from root to tip, and there are 3 phases of growth: anagen, catagen and telogen lashes. Every few months clients may notice their lashes fall out faster. Hormone fluctuations, changes to their diet, medications can all influence how the lash cycle flows.